Sunday, April 5, 2009

9 months and not done yet!

It is common to hear people discuss pregnancy as being a 9 month journey... well it is more like 10 usually. Women are pregnant for approximately 40 weeks, divided by 4, you get 10. So, I'm at 36 weeks, 1 day today; potentially 27+/- days to go. I do feel my hips experiencing more pressure, and my feet have been swelling in the evening... not much else has changed though!

I will be packing my hospital bag today: comfortable clothes to go home in (I got a cute outfit from Forever 21), chapstick, socks, snacks for Mickey, and a few more things.

Monday Rachael and I are hanging out. I need a Baby shower dress!! I also need to spend quality sister time with her. Looking forward to Sharon coming down from college soon too!

Friday I will pack the baby's bag and Mickey will work on installing the carseat (if we get one at the shower). Some people do these much earlier in pregnancy; I felt like I didn't really have time until now. Day 1 of materinity leave provided so much stress relief and the ability to clearly identify my speficic goals for the next few days.

I'm feeling the nesting itch. I have done a few things here and there the last few weeks of pregnancy, but there is still much I would like to accomplish before Genevieve arrives. We have been given a whole wardrobe of clothing already. I need to wash everything and orgnaize it. Part of me anticipates doing this becuase I really enjoy looking at all the cute clothes and imagining our baby wearing the outfits. I should post some pictures of the clothes- that will be something you guys can look forward to seeing in my next blog. And don't worry, it will not be a whole month before I post again!

2 comments:

shareshare said...

Yes yes- PICTURESSSSS!! I can't wait to be back home. Have fun with Rach today :-)

BTW, why in the blue blazes do people start installing their car seats more than 4 weeks ahead of time? You are so well-prepared!

raedae said...

i can't wait to meet little Genevieve! i'm also looking forward to your shower.