Thursday, April 30, 2009

2 days or 2 weeks?

My ticker says that I have 2 days.... the Dr says probably longer. I have zero progress (zero dilation). Of course this could change at any time, and I am doing everything in my power to assist in progress. We went walking today... all day. I was tired when we got home to say the least. Mickey and I both fell asleep minutes after we arrived to our house. My legs are still tired actually and I am walking like I've been riding a horse all day.

So please pray that Genevieve does not take too much longer! We want to meet her and it would be nice that she would come out sooner than later. I don't want to have to be induced either. It is a bit scary to think of her coming and getting sick. The swine flu phobia is rampant, especially since we are so close to the boarder. It's not really the swine flu that I am worried about though, becuase most people don't have it, haha. I would like to steralize my entire house and everyone who comes to visit the baby if possible... but it's not realistic. I'm thinking we will just provide generous amounts of antibacterial hand gel to anyone who touches her (and me!)... and be sure to protect Genevieve with us if you are sick! Thank you, we love you all and can't wait for the baby's arrival!

3 comments:

raedae said...

i love little Evie! i cannot wait to meet her and i hope she doesn't come on Sunday because i'm going up to riverside. I love you, my sister.

Lopez said...

We are going to call our baby Vivi for short!

Unknown said...

40 weeks is just an average, so some people have to go past it to get it! Don't worry, Mel, no one is has ever been pregnant for ever :) Love, Jen